Hey Y'all!
This semester I'm heading to Rome, Italy, for a little traveling and wine tasting....I mean, going to class, and exploring the inside of Italian libraries. I will be living on an American campus on one of the seven hills of Rome--Monte Mario! I'm leaving on Tuesday morning for Chicago, and flying into Rome on Wednesday afternoon. I hope y'all will enjoy following my blog, as I am sure it will be very sassy as I detail my adventures abroad! I really am taking classes: Roman Catholicism (right in the Vatican!) , an on-site art class, international relations, and opera, which I'm really hoping is history and not practice...because I will not pass if I have to carry a tune! I also have three day weekends to travel every weekend, so expect lots of photos from Austria, Hungary, Ireland, and many more!
So, I started packing about three weeks ago, which obviously was a poor choice, because I am only allowed ONE fifty pound suitcase. I tried to petition to take a second checked bag, but I don't want to come off as a diva.... Anne (my mother) and I have got the suitcase down to 49.2 pounds, and hopefully it will stay that way. I figure I will just buy a coat if I'm freezing over there! To be honest, I am used to begging my way out of overweight baggage charges, but I don't think that will work this time, and I would rather spend my money on....school supplies. Needless to say, most of the clothes in that photo are safely back in my American closet.
There's still a lot left to do. I have to show my mom how to use Skype (again), pick up my camera from getting cleaned (please, explain to me why that is SO expensive), and say goodbye to my friends.
My parents have been full of advice. Mike tells me that he will come over and rescue me like Liam Neeson in Taken, but he doesn't want to have to. Anne has reminded me that the drinking age is 21 in the United States, but I should feel free to drink as much water and juice as I want while abroad...love her. Y'all in Nashville watch out for them, they are out of control.
I hope y'all will have fun following this as much as I know I will enjoy writing it! Please post your comments/thoughts! See y'all across the ocean! More photos and adventures to come!!!
-Molly

Don't drink, go to bars or talk to Italian men. Other than that, have a wonderful time!
ReplyDeleteMolly! I'm so jealous that you are heading to Rome already! I don't leave for Grenoble for another month :[ But I am so excited that you are doing this blog. I can't wait to see all the photos and hear about all the shenanigans you get into!
ReplyDeleteAlso, listen to your mother and don't talk to Italian men. They tend to shout "ciao, bella!" at you, propose marriage to you or generally just flatter you in vaguely inappropriate ways. ahahah just kidding. about the not talking to the Italian men part, not the flattery part. that's true. hahah
I am going to follow this like a mad woman!
ReplyDeleteMolls I can't to hear about all the.... studying? you're going to be doing over there!!! Hopefully we'll be able to get together before you leave!!!!
ReplyDelete