Monday, August 27, 2012

Attempt to Pack #2

Well,  I am finally officially packed.  My suitcase went from 49.2 pounds to 55, and back to 48.  My mom just sat in her chair and watched me while laughing.  Sooo helpful.  I'm pretty sure my carryon weighs at least fifty pounds now.  But it's ok.  I'm finally all packed, and getting ready to leave in 12 hours for the Eternal City!

Today was great.  I got to see a ton of friends, finally finished my errands and packing, and my mom made my favorite dinner (hamburger helper, but let's not judge; my taste in food is unfortunately not that sophisticated).

Here is proof that I can pack in just two carry-ons and a checked bag.  I'm as amazed as you are.


Anyway, I'll keep this short and sweet.  I'm sad to leave tomorrow, but I'm beyond excited, and I know that my sweet little parents will be just fine, even though I will miss them a lot!  Sarah Riley, my sister, just started her freshman year in college so I don't think she'll be missing me too much.   I taught mom to Skype, and have hinted several times to Dad that he can follow me through my bank statements....

I'll update as soon as I can from Rome!






5 comments:

  1. I am having a ball watching Molly pack, unpack, pack, unpack trying to add more things to the suitcase while being amazed that each time her suitcase weighs more. I would suggest taking those big, ol' honking boots out and buying some new ones in the country that makes fabulous leather boots, but far be it for me to say anything out loud. I am having too much fun watching her. I think the little weight thingy is now broken. AAAAHHHHH.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have a feeling that this blog is going to be the highlight of my next 4 months! especially with Mama Saint's commentary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quite impressive under 50 lbs. have a great time, look forward to the blog. Enjoy all your new .......school supplies
    Safe travels and as you have done in CA. Have the time of your life. Candy

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The airline made the little diva check her backpack because she could only take ONE carryon and a small purse, not TWO fifty-pound carryons. Oh, to have been a fly on the wall as they tried to pry that backpack out of her hands! I'm pretty sure she has the bag lady look down pat!

    ReplyDelete