| Just hanging out at the Colosseum.... |
| Dinner out last night! |
| Reppin' Theta in Rome... |
After that, we headed to the Roman forum. We spent an hour or two roaming around the old monuments/palaces/temples until Jenny declared that she was, "over it, and ready for some pizza." I was on her level. So we walked about twenty minutes outside the main piazza to a little pizzeria where we had a lengthy late lunch with delicious pizzas and the house wine. I was loving it. After that, we headed to the Trevi Fountain a few blocks away for a little photo op. I'm sure I'll be back there many more times, I can't get enough!
After that, we did a little shopping on the Via del Corso, one of the big shopping streets in Rome. Then we got ridiculously lost trying to find the bus back to school. But what a great city to find yourself lost in! We strolled around for another hour trying to find a bus. After that, it was getting close to 7:15pm and we were ready to just hop in a cab home. We took the bus until we saw a taxi stand (here, it is illegal to hail cabs, they won't stop, and you have to find a taxi station. This is bad news for me because I LOVE hailing cabs). Then we took a cheap cab ride home.
Yesterday, I met one of the on-campus priests. He's so nice. The first thing he asked me was whether I was looking to spice up my spiritual life by going on any of the religious retreats while I'm here. After five minutes of talking to me, he told me that he was wrong. He said, "I realize now that you are already spiced up enough." Love him. He already knows me too well. Goal #2 is to make friends with the security team on campus. They are intimidating so it will be a challenge, but I need them on my team!
Now we are just hanging out and uploading photos before we head out for the night to hit the nightlife here in Rome. It's our first Saturday night here! Can't wait. Tomorrow we are going to the beach on a little field trip, so expect lots of photos! I'm not looking forward to the classes we start on Monday....but again, I'm guessing I have no sympathy there. :) I'm having a blast!
Leave comments!
XOXOOX

Molly, my name is Andy Valentine and I serve on the Nashville Opera Board where you father is President. I LOVE Italy! Your blog makes me wish I were there now--especially since some friends of mine are on a trip there currently. Have a wonderful time. Love the photos, keep 'em coming.--Andy
ReplyDelete