Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Tea Time!

Hey y'all!

This post is going to be pretty short today, but I had to share about my first tea time in Rome!  Since it was Monday Funday, Kat and I planned a trip to Piazza Spagna (the Spanish Steps) to an adorable tea place that we had both seen on separate occasions.  So we put on our sundresses and pearls, and headed out for a classy lunch.  


The tea room was called Babington's, and it was so beautiful, inside and out.  It has been around since 1893, so I can only imagine how many people have enjoyed themselves there--including us!  For how crowded the Spanish Steps are (to the right), the teahouse was surprisingly mostly locals.  We were lovin' it. 
 
We ordered High Tea, and feasted on the scrumptious sandwiches, fresh fruit, and little desserts, as well as lots and lots of tea!  This was one of the times that I was thrilled to not rush through a meal, and instead, sit for hours like an Italian.  The cheese sandwich and the salmon were my favorite. 



After we had tea, we headed to Via dell' Corso....the shopping street.....again.  Have I mentioned that I've been there once or twice?  Anyway, I didn't buy anything (Mom, can you believe your ears?)  We worked up an appetite (and a workout) lugging racks of clothes through Zara, so we felt that it was only necessary to split some chicken nuggets at McDonalds.  I would promise this is the last time I will set foot in that establishment...but I'm not 100% sure I can keep that promise.  The McDonald's here are so much nicer than in the States....does that help my case?  Anyway, it was two extreme dining experiences in one day.


 Today I just have classes and homework, and running to the gym to try and recover from the cold I have come down with, so not much to report here.  Right now I'm running off to Skype with one of my best friends, Libby, to plan a time to get together!!  She's studying in Barcelona.  Tomorrow my art class is being held at the Pantheon, so stay tuned!

Ciao!


2 comments:

  1. So glad you are having an eating tour of Rome! What two extremes...Ha Ha. It's finally gotten cooler here. Yea! Hope it's cooler there especially since you have no air conditioning! I hope your cold is better today. I would run over there with some chicken soup that Mrs. Hall would make for you, but I'm afraid I wouldn't get there before you got better :)

    Have fun, study hard. Love, love,love you, mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joanne and I couldn't stay away from McDonalds in Barcelona either! good choice!

    ReplyDelete