Honestly, not much has happened in the last few days. Our eating schedule has been a little off; last night I missed breakfast and lunch and Jenny missed dinner so by bedtime around 12, we convinced ourselves that we were dying of hunger. Jenny pointed out that this is a little ironic because we are in Italy, which has some of the best food in the world, and not a third world country. Anyway, we spent the next half hour discussing how hungry we were from our bunkbeds. Jenny pointed out that she felt like she was going to starve to death while she slept and I told her how I thought I was withering away and she wouldn't be able to see me anymore when she woke up...clearly we embrace the drama in our room....
Today was productive. We got up early to apply for our permesso di soggiorno, which is permission from the Italian government to stay in the country. When you apply for a visa, you have to appear before these people within 8 days of arriving to apply for this residence permit. It lasted about 30 seconds, once again showing me how laid back everything seems to be around here. Then we waited in line to get our new Italian cell phones. We have free texting and calls to each other here in Italy, so that's great. No more losing each other out at night! It's SO little though. I feel like it's a throwback to sixth grade trying to learn how to type on a keypad again...
Back to Jenny and food. When we woke up (starving, obviously), Jenny decided that all she wanted for breakfast was meatballs. I'm not sure why; she's clearly not getting enough protein. When we walked into dinner tonight, I saw the meatballs staring up at us. Jenny has never looked so excited in all the time I have known her. Then she ate my meatball. Sneaky little Jenny.
Tonight I skyped with my little sister, Sarah Riley. She is a freshman at Clemson. Now we are in the library talking too loudly...I'm sure we will be thrown out of here by the time I post this blog. Tomorrow are more classes and waiting in line to see if I can get on the trip to Tuscany. There are only 20 spots...cross your fingers for me!!!
Ciao!
.jpg)
First your feet are falling off and now you are starving to death. Do I need to come over there and see what's really going on? I'll just run this idea by your dad and get right back to you :)
ReplyDeleteGlad you got an Italian phone...and permission to stay in the country. Can they revoke that??????
No news from home. Dad and I have been to the movies. Can Disney World be far behind?
Your parents are sad little people. Have a glass of wine in honor of them, please!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to Tuscany! Surely you will not starve there. Stock up on chocolates in Austria and Switzerland. Perfect for late night snacks! Much easier to keep in your room than meatballs.
I am happy you get to stay in the country. I don't think your parents would have time to come get you....you know, planning their Disney trip and all.
Send pictures of your fabulous purchases!~Billirene
"Then she ate my meatball. Sneaky little Jenny."
ReplyDeleteHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I love you guys. I'm glad to hear you are having fun! LOVE YOU BOTH!